If you’re an artist wanting to get your online presence started, and don’t know where to start, Megan’s Web’s artist template sites are an excellent way to begin. These are attractive, professional looking, easy to manage yourself, and can be easily built up later into a custom site when you are ready, without having to start again or reinvent the wheel.
Home page styles
You can choose one of two home page styles:
1. A slideshow of images that you choose yourself to showcase your best work:
2. A text page with some thumbnail images randomly generated from the works in your portfolio:
Portfolio page styles
There are two styles of portfolio pages to choose from:
1. Sets or series of works, with space for a detailed description of each series, and a short caption under each image:
2. Individual works, with room for a detailed description of each work:
Each site comes with the following pages set up for you:
- Home page – choice of two different home page styles, as shown above.
- About – enter whatever text and images you like here
- Portfolio – choice of two different portfolio styles, as shown above.
- Exhibitions – enter whatever text and images you like here
- News / Blog – Your news or blog section won’t show on the site when we first set it up, as having an empty news page doesn’t look good. Just let us know when you’re ready to add news and we’ll put it in for you!
- Contact – contact form with spam protection, that will send an email to the address of your choice. You can add other contact information here if you wish.
You can use your own domain name, and your choice of colours and fonts, so your site doesn’t have to look like everyone else’s.
For a once-off setup up fee, and then an affordable annual fee, template sites all come with:
- A simple interface specially designed to make it as easy as possible for you to update your own site, with extensive online help materials available to cover everything you might need to do.
- Clear illustrated user guide, and training either by phone or in person (Launceston area only for in-person training).
- One year’s web hosting for up to 2GB of disk space and 10GB monthly bandwidth, and all upgrades on the WordPress content management system.
- Google Analytics to help you track your website visitors.
Check out some sample sites to see some different uses of these templates.